America’s three SeaWorld parks, in Orlando, San Antonio and San Diego, are great places for families to learn about and interact with marine life, while enjoying traditional theme park activities like thrill rides, live entertainment and fun, family-friendly restaurants.
However, like any theme parks, sometimes the lines and the crowds at SeaWorld can be overwhelming. There ARE ways to avoid the worst of the crowds, if you plan ahead. Consider the following tips for beating the lines at SeaWorld before you plan your holiday:
1. Travel during the off-season. Travelling during the off-season is the best way to avoid large crowds. This time varies somewhat among the three parks, although Christmas time and spring break season are to be avoided, if possible, at all three SeaWorld parks. The off-season in Orlando is during the summer months and the period between America’s Thanksgiving Day (in late November) and mid-December, so these are the best times to grab Seaworld Orlando tickets. In San Antonio, January through March is the off season. San Diego doesn’t really have much of an off-season, but January through March also tend to be less crowded there.
2. Start at the back of the park. Another good way to avoid the lines at SeaWorld is to head for the back of the park as soon as you arrive and work your way towards the entrance. Most people head for the first attraction they see inside of the gate. By starting at the back, you’ll have many of the rides to yourself for the first couple of hours.
3. Sign up for Quick Queue Unlimited. For a set, paid in advance, fee, SeaWorld gives guests the option to go to the head of the line. Their Quick Queue Unlimited option starts at $19.00 per person per day (2013 pricing) and gives you “front of the line” access to the parks’ most popular rides, including Manta, Kraken and Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin.
4. Go on a Tuesday or Wednesday. According to “MSN Money” magazine, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are usually the least crowded days at theme parks in general, including SeaWorld parks.
5. Visit the most popular attractions during meal times. Traditional meal times, noon and between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. are also good times to visit the most popular attractions. With most park visitors having lunch or dinner, there are fewer people in line at those times, even during the busiest seasons.
A visit to SeaWorld doesn’t have to be stressful. All it takes is a little advance planning and a well thought out park strategy.
Ben Carter makes a point of going travelling at least 4 times a year and has so far covered 46 different countries. Taking his family with him gives him an amusing insight into travel in every situation.